9. Pita Chips

If you're eating your hummus on plain pita, I'm telling you, you're missing out.

Buy your plain pita at any grocery store or on the side of the road for $1 or $1.50 for 5 pieces.



Cut pita into bits. Literally, use a pair of scissors. It's the easiest way.


Stick all the soon-to-be chips in a bowl.  Drizzle on some kind of oil (so that the toppings stick) and then whatever toppings you want! 



This is my go-to mixture: olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.


But you can use any kind of oil I'm sure, or butter, and any kinds of toppings you like.  Cinnamon sugar for a sweet chip; curry or cayenne for a chip with a kick! Experiment. It's not like you've got a huge investment in these chips. Don't oversalt though! 


Spread them out on a pan.  This is three pitas' worth; usually I dump all five on there at once and it's fine.  I just decided to use the other two pitas for something else this time around. 

Stick them in a medium hot oven.  How hot? I have no idea.  I'd guess 350f, just because that seems to be the go-to.  But my ridiculous oven has a 1-10 option on oven heat. I have no idea how hot it ever is.   I'm sure google could tell you what you should toast them at. I usually am at 4 or 5. 



Toss them/stir them around every 5 minutes or so, or the edges will burn.  This may be the result of my silly oven, too. But keep an eye on them to keep them from burning.  About fifteen minutes later... Voila!



Delicious, super easy, light and airy pita chips.  They're addicting.  They're amazing with hummus, which is also super easy to make if you have a blender, or order to go at just about any restaurant in Monrovia.  (note: Golden Beach hummus is not very good. Sajj hummus is very good.  I usually make my own) 

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15. Sea side, Sinkor runs

1. Mangosteens